The name Storyline Financial was born out of my enjoyment of stories and anecdotes. But Storyline's philosophy, that lives can be changed forever through personal finance, has dwelt within me for some time. I've come to realize that anyone has the power to write what goes on the pages of their own book.
My decision to forge Storyline Financial revolved around a few main reasons below:
- Financial advice designed for Millennials. The reality is that the financial advising industry has historically focused on serving the older generations that have accumulated wealth already. This isn’t necessarily bad, however, it has always left younger generations grossly under-served and left to fend for their own. Insert Storyline Financial, which has been my calling to provide valuable advice to my fellow Millennials.
- Advice that is valuable. In today's day and age, the line between value and cost has never been more blurred. What we think is valuable has simply been manipulated, packaged, and marketed to us as simply a cost. Individuals and families deserve valuable financial advice that is worth at least ten-fold of the cost. Due to the lack of prevailing standards, Storyline Financial aims to provide advice that is sound, objective, affordable, accessible, and transparent.
- Purposeful living facilitated through personal finance. What I’ve observed is a large Millennial generation lacking basic personal finance knowledge due to one reason or another. This deficiency has created lifestyles that lack purpose and vision. Life is being spent on everything except what matters. By helping individuals and families take control of their finances it frees up their resources to pursue what matters the most.
These are some of the key foundations for Storyline Financial Planning. Together, these are the hope of providing the utmost value to those that are served. Value that overflows from personal finance and into a life meant for more. You have one story to live, let’s make it an epic novel.
Ever since I was a child I’ve always loved a great story. Whether it was a phenomenal movie or a personal anecdote it always seemed to hit the spot. As years passed I made the connection that our own lives are stories being lived out in real time. We have innumerable blank pages ready to capture our experiences as we walk through life. There are three main narratives that significantly represent my life and I'd love to share them with you.
- The most significant story playing out in my life is my faith in Jesus Christ. A life that once lacked hope and fullness has been given a rich new life. Because of this relationship I've been able to look at people and the world
- through a new lens. What I need has been provided for and even much of what I want. For this, I am extremely grateful and continually seek contentedness in all I have.
- The second wonderful on-going narrative in my life is family. I'm very fortunate to have married my best friend, Amy! Amy shows me Christ daily with how well s
- he loves me and those around her. We’ve also been blessed beyond measure to have innumerable family and friends, whom we consider family, that continue to love and support us so well. Experiencing this isn't only life-giving but compels us to continue to do the same.
- The last life-giving narrative unfolding has been the ability to impact others through personal finance. I'm thankful that I was given the opportunity, by good friend Robert Den Ouden, to jump into and learn the industry years ago. Working with individuals and families to regain control of their lives through personal finance has been extremely fulfilling, to say the least. Going on to create Storyline Financial has stretched my boundaries in many ways which has been beneficial. As long as personal finances are obstructing lives from fullness and purpose you can find me working on the front lines.
Outside of these stories you can find Amy and I involved with Young Life, a ministry designed to build genuine relationships with high school kids in order to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We do this so that kids’ lives may be eternally changed. I also enjoy learning new things whether it be through podcasts, books, or YouTube. So don’t be alarmed if you see me fixing up my house, in DIY fashion, and studying for my Certified Financial Planner certification all in the same day!